August 11, 2016
SunButter No Bake Protein Bars
School is here again, which means packing safe lunches and snacks become a daily task. Don’t make it tough! There’s no need to be in the kitchen for hours baking every day, especially when there are such simple recipes. These No Bake Protein Bars are one my new favorite recipes that can be thrown together in just minutes, plus, it only uses your microwave and refrigerator!
Here are my top 5 reasons why I love this recipe:
1. Easily make three different flavors in one batch
2. Dirties only 1 bowl, 1 pan and 1 spoon (not including measuring cups)
3. Requires no oven, no stovetop, and no mixer
4. Allergy Friendly – contains no nuts, dairy, soy, egg, wheat, or gluten
5. Tastes AH-mazing
No Bake Protein Bars
Makes 12 large bars
1/2 cup SunButter® Sunflower Butter
1/2 cup Spectrum® Organic Shortening
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup rice protein powder
1 1/2 cups brown rice cereal
2 cups gluten free quick oats
3/4 cup raisins
Toppings I used:
– Dried cranberries and chocolate chips
– Seed and fruit mix (sunflower kernels, pumpkin seeds, raisin, dried apple, chocolate chips and dried cranberries)
– Chocolate drizzle
1. Add SunButter and shortening to a large microwavable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes and stir well. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
2. Pour the mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 pan and press firmly.
3. Sprinkle your variety of toppings on top in three different sections to make different flavors. Lay a piece of parchment or waxed paper on top and press the toppings into the mixture. Refrigerate until firm and cut into slices.
Doesn’t get much easier than that!!!
Elizabeth DiBurro is a food allergy mom and is the author of EBL Food Allergies. She shares allergy friendly recipes, parenting inspiration, and tips for living with food allergies and eosinophilic esophagitis – EoE.