Chocolate Overload SunButter Blossoms
Start to Finish: 1 Hour
Servings: 36 Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup SunButter Natural
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda*
1/2 teaspoon baking powder*
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Additional sugar for rolling
36 Hershey’s Kisses® (plain chocolate variety), unwrapped
IMPORTANTSometimes, but not always, the natural chlorophyll contained in sunflower seeds reacts with baking soda and baking powder in the recipe, causing a green color inside the cookies after they cool. This is completely harmless! Depending on the recipe you can reduce baking soda/powder by about one third or a splash of lemon juice may help prevent any “greening”.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, cream butter and SunButter together until smooth. Add sugars and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth and creamy. Add egg, beating until combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder baking soda, and baking powder until dough forms. Stir in chocolate chips until combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in additional sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately press 1 Kiss candy in center of each cookie.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack.