- 2 flax eggs (2 TBSP ground flaxseed + 6 TBSP filtered water)
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup No-Sugar-Added SunButter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
SunButter Maple Frosting
- 3/4 cup No-Sugar-Added SunButter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare two donut pans.
- Prepare your flax eggs in a large bowl and allow to sit for a few minutes to gel. Next, add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, pumpkin purée, SunButter, and almond milk and whisk to combine.
- Sift in the all purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice and whisk to combine until smooth. The batter should be slightly stiff.
- Spray the donut pans with coconut oil spray or lightly grease with coconut oil. Add batter to fill each donut, spreading with a spatula to form an even layer. Bake donuts for 15 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare your SunButter Maple frosting. Add the SunButter, almond flour, and maple syrup to a mixing bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
- When the donuts are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes until icing. Remove the donuts from the pan, transfer to a wire cooling rack, and “frost” with SunButter Maple frosting.
- Store leftover donuts in the fridge for 5-7 days . Store leftover frosting in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.