1 head Cauliflower
¼ cup Tamari (Gluten Free Soy Sauce alternative)
2 TBSP SunButter Creamy
1 TBSP Honey
2 TBSP Rice Wine vinegar
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
¼ cup Water
2 Chicken Breasts
3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2 Bell Peppers
½ cup Frozen Peas
Salt and pepper
2 TBSP sliced Green Onion
- Start by setting your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next you can make the marinade for the chicken, which will also be used as the sauce later on.
- Start by combining Tamari, SunButter, Honey, Rice Wine Vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, and water. Whisk well until SunButter breaks down and dissolves. Should be a thicker brown consistency.
- Dice chicken into half inch cubes. Add chicken to marinade and store in an airtight container for 30 min to 24 hours in the refrigerator. The longer it marinades the more tender and flavorful the meat will be.
- Next, to make the Cauliflower “Rice”; Begin by removing the green cauliflower stem. Carefully run your knife at an angle around the base of the cauliflower to remove its base and core. Then using a cheese grater, divide the cauliflower bulb into large chunks and grate until you have a fine minced matter. Be careful of your hands when using the grater to grate the cauliflower. One head of cauliflower should yield about 3 cups of grated cauliflower.
- Evenly spread grated cauliflower on parchment lined sheet tray. Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 min, or until cauliflower starts to brown on top. Once done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Dice onion and bell pepper. Reserve.
- Remove diced chicken from marinade onto a paper towel to catch any remaining marinade. Meanwhile, set marinade aside and save to reduce later.
- In a large saut. pan, start by adding 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Bring pan up to medium/high heat, we want to get a nice sear and color on everything and the high heat will achieve that.
- Start by adding the diced onions to the pan, saut. for 5 min. Then add bell pepper, cook for 3 min. Crack egg in a small bowl, and then add to mixture in the saut. pan. Cook until scrambled. Take onions, peppers and eggs out of pan. Reserve
- Next add 2 tablespoon of oil to emptied large saut. pan, then add diced chicken. Cook chicken for 6‐8 min on medium heat to ensure it is thoroughly cooked.
- Finally, carefully stir in cooked Cauliflower “rice” to saut. pan. Keep heat high to get a nice sear on all ingredients in the pan.
- Add cup of peas to pan to heat through. Add Salt and Pepper to taste. Let cook through together for approximately 3-5 min.
- While the fried rice is cooking, in a separate small saucepot, add the reserved chicken marinade. Bring the marinade up to a high simmer. Small bubbles should form around edges, keep it at a high simmer for about 3 min. Then add heated sauce to fried rice mixture, stir and combine well.
- Serve and top with sliced green onions. Enjoy!