3 medium-sized sweet potatoes (about 5-inches long), well scrubbed
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup SunButter Creamy
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Optional Garnishes: Bacon bits, sour cream, and cilantro
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Place sweet potatoes on sheet tray and bake for 1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Split one side of potato skin in one smooth cut from end to end. With a spoon carefully scoop out the flesh and place in a medium-sized bowl. You will use the skins to rebake and serve the potatoes in.
- In another bowl add brown sugar, butter and cream cheese and all the spices. Mash with fork until smooth. Fold in SunButter, stir until well combined.
- Add SunButter mixture to the sweet potato flesh and fold in completely. Place filling back inside potato skins and place on sheet tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with sour cream if desired.