35 to 40 saltine crackers (about one sleeve)
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
6 tablespoons SunButter®, any smooth variety (we used Creamy)
1-1/2 teaspoons coconut oil
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
IMPORTANT: Check to ensure all individual ingredients are produced in a peanut and tree nut free facility.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place crackers in pan in a single layer; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, cook butter and sugar until butter is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil; cook 3 minutes without stirring. Pour over crackers and lightly spread to cover.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- As toffee bakes, melt SunButter and coconut oil in small pan or in microwave.
- Remove from oven and pour melted SunButter over top, smoothing into one even layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and return to oven for 1 minute or until chocolate chips soften. Remove from oven and smooth down chocolate chips into even layer.
- Top with decorative sprinkles if desired.
- Chill toffee for at least 2 hours in refrigerator, or one hour in freezer. Once toffee is set, use foil to lift from pan. Break or cut 5×6 into about 25 1.5×2-inch squares.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 10 days.