1 cup 2% milk
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
12 thick slices of bread (french, sourdough or texas toast)
12 tablespoons SunButter Creamy
Maple syrup (optional)
Powdered sugar (optional)
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk and flour together until smooth. Whisk in eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour into shallow pan or bowl that is wide enough for your bread.
- Lightly oil or butter the hot griddle.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture, letting sit for 15 to 30 seconds until mixture is absorbed and both sides of slice are moist.
- Lift slice and let excess egg mixture drip back into shallow pan. Carefully transfer to griddle. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Remove to plate and keep warm until all slices are cooked.
- Spread a tablespoon of SunButter on each slice. Serve as 1 single slice or as a half sandwich.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and dust with powdered sugar if desired.