1 red or green round-shaped apple
1 teaspoon lemon juice, optional
2 medium celery sticks, about 9-inches long
1/2 cup SunButter®, any smooth variety
4 pretzel sticks broken into thirds
12 mini semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cut apple vertically into three 1/4-inch thick slices, cut each slice in half, then slice off inner edge to get rid of core and seeds. Brush cut sides of apple with lemon juice to prevent browning and set aside.
- Cut each celery rib into thirds, each piece about 3-inches long. Then cut a thin strip off rounded bottom so celery will sit flat. Fill each celery piece, using about half of the SunButter; set aside.
- Place remaining SunButter in resealable food storage bag; snip off one corner to make small hole for piping.
- Pat apple slices dry and then pipe 2 lines of SunButter on one side of each apple slice, following rounded shape of apple peel.
- Gently press one corner of apple slice into celery piece, starting flush with end of celery piece. Slowly lower cut edge of apple slice into SunButter until firmly seated. Some SunButter should bulge up at end of apple slice to make snail head.
- On each celery piece, place 2 pieces of pretzel sticks into SunButter near apple slice to form antennas. Then place 2 chocolate chips into SunButter near pretzel sticks to make eyes.
If SunButter is too stiff to easily spread or pipe, heat in microwave on medium for 10 seconds, then stir.