1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup lightly crushed pretzels
1/2 cup SunButter, any variety
1/2 teaspoon vanilla, additional
NOTE: We’ve reduced the baking soda to 1/4 teaspoon for this recipe because the chlorophyll in sunflower seeds may react with the baking soda and cause the cookie to turn green. This is completely harmless and does not affect taste.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 2, 5 to 6-inch cast iron skillets; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter, both sugars, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla for about 3 to 5 minutes or until creamy. Add eggs and beat until well combined. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and pretzels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the SunButter, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and pinch of salt.
- Spread half of the cookie dough into prepared skillets. Dollop SunButter onto the cookie dough in rounded teaspoons. Place remaining cookie dough gently over SunButter. Place skillets on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 to 18 minutes, do not overbake, center should be a moist and gooey. Remove from oven and let cool 3 to 5 minutes, then grab some spoons and everybody DIG in!
Add a scoop of ice cream and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.