10 soft and pitted medjool dates (soften in boiling water for 15 to 20 minutes if necessary)
1 tablespoon SunButter Organic, plus extra for topping
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
1 (10 oz) bag dark chocolate melting wafers or chips
- In a food processor, blend dates with 1 tablespoon SunButter, coconut butter, coconut oil, and sea salt until it comes together in a ball. Mixture should be smooth, caramel-like, and thick enough to shape.
- Take 1 tablespoon of the date caramel mixture and form into 1/4-inch thick patties. Lay these on a parchment lined baking sheet and pop them into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once patties have hardened up a bit, dollop 1/2 teaspoon of SunButter on each patty. Add sunflower seeds for a bit of crunch and pop them back into freezer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Once patties are hard again, remove from the freezer and spoon melted dark chocolate on top to cover. Top with extra sunflower seeds or sea salt, or if you want to get fancy, with natural sprinkles made from rose petals, lavender, and bee pollen.
- Pop back in freezer for a couple of minutes to set chocolate and enjoy.
- Store in air tight container in refrigerator.