1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1/4 cup roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons SunButter® (we used Crunch)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease small baking sheet with cooking spray, then line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Soak quinoa in hot water for 10 minutes until just beginning to soften, then place in fine mesh strainer for at least one hour to remove as much water as possible.
- In small bowl combine quinoa and sunflower seeds, tossing until well mixed.
- In small microwave safe dish, combine coconut oil and SunButter, heat on high for 30 seconds until soft and blendable. Stir until coconut oil is melted and mixture is well combined. Add to quinoa, stirring until well combined. Stir in maple syrup and cinnamon, mixing again until well combined.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet in about a 1/3-inch thick layer. Bake for approximately 25 minutes until crisp (check it often after the 20 minute mark). Allow to cool completely, then break up with your hands.
- Store in airtight container to enjoy on its own, or as a topping for yogurt or ice cream.