1/2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 tablespoons SunButter®, we used Crunch
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 cup gluten free oats, or you may use regular oats
Fresh fruit for garnish if desired
- In small bowl add milk, chia seeds, SunButter and maple syrup. Stir well, or if you prefer, stir just enough to leave swirls of SunButter. Add oats and stir a few more times.
- Pour mixture into two 8-ounce mason jars, or one 16-ounce mason jar. Press down with spoon to ensure all oats have been moistened and are immersed in mixture.
- Screw on lid(s) and set in refrigerator overnight, or for at least six hours.
- After refrigerating, open and enjoy as is, or garnish with fresh fruit.
Oats will keep in refrigerator for up to 2 days, although they’re best enjoyed within the first 12 to 24 hours.
- You can refrigerate mixture in bowl instead of mason jar(s), just cover tightly with plastic wrap.