3/4 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 -1/4 cups SunButter Natural Crunch
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
2 to 4 tablespoons water, as needed (see Note)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 -1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put the sorghum flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Put the SunButter Natural Crunch, brown sugar, granulated sugar, coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of the water, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl or stand mixer. Using a hand mixer or the stand mixer, beat until smooth. Add the flour mixture, beating until mixed. Add the coconut flakes and raisins, beating until smooth and thick, adding the additional water as needed.
- To form the cookies, roll about 3 tablespoonfuls of dough between your palms, then press onto the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving about 1 inch between cookies.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes until the edges are firm. Let stand on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer each cookie to a wire rack to cool before serving. The cookies will be delicate at first, but firm as they cool.
- Note: If the mixture seems dry, add the additional water (1 tablespoon at a time) to create a thick, sticky dough.