1-1/2 pounds chicken wings, drumettes and flats separated (tips removed)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2/3 cup SunButter® Crunch
1/4 cup hot water
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
Chopped cilantro and lime for garnish (optional)
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a baking or cooling rack on top; set aside.
- Rinse wing pieces and pat dry then transfer to large bowl. Toss the wings with vegetable oil, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Arrange wings on prepared pan in a single layer so they aren’t touching.
- Bake wings, rotating pan half-way through until they’re fully cooked, 45 to 50 minutes. While the wings are baking, prepare the sauce.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all sauce ingredients. Taste and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to desired level.
- Remove wings from oven and transfer to clean, large bowl. While wings are still hot, add sauce, tossing to thoroughly combine.
- Place wings on serving platter and garnish with lime wedges and chopped cilantro if desired.