1 cup skim milk
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup SunButter®, any variety (we used Natural)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, sugar and SunButter. Beat with and mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add salt and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Gradually add flour, mixing on low until all flour is incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until wooden skewer or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool. Remove from loaf pan and slice into 10 slices.
Sometimes the chlorophyll in sunflower seeds will react with baking powder causing the interior of the bread to turn green after it cools. This is completely harmless and tasteless!