2 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 pound ground beef
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup SunButter® No Sugar Added
4 to 6 scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, mix the strawberries, lemon juice, and ginger. Set aside. Preheat a gas grill with all burners on high, lid closed, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix the ground beef with salt and pepper and shape into four patties. Gently press down the center of each patty until it’s about 1/2-inch thick to make a slight depression; this will prevent them from turning bulbous when you cook them. Grill patties, uncovered and without pressing down on them, until they’re seared on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip the burgers and continue grilling to desired temperature: 3 minutes for rare, 4 minutes for medium, and 5 minutes for well-done.
- While the burgers are cooking, heat a small saucepan over medium-high. Pour the strawberries and their juice into the pan and sauté the berries until they’re very soft and syrupy. They should be reduced to about 1/2 cup. Allow to cool a bit.
- Place SunButter in a microwave-safe dish (or saucepan) and heat until thinned, about 40 seconds in the microwave.
- When the burgers are done, top each with 1 tablespoon of melted SunButter and a few tablespoons of the strawberry “jelly,” then sprinkle with scallions.
Serve each burger wrapped in a lettuce leaf.