1-1/2 cups Belgian Waffle Mix (we used Hungry Jack®)
3/4 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup water
3 eggs, cooked sunny side up, or to your preference
1/2 avocado, sliced
fresh cracked black pepper for garnish
SAVORY SUNBUTTER SAUCE
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup SunButter® Natural No Sugar Added
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic,minced
1 tablespoon minced ginger root
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In medium mixing bowl, place waffle mix and gently stir to break up any clumps. Add spinach and cheese, gently stir to combine.
- Stir minced garlic into water, then add to dry ingredients and stir just until you no longer see dry ingredients. Do not over mix, batter is supposed to be lumpy.
- Set batter aside to rest.
- Heat Belgian waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Prepare sauce while waffle iron is heating. In small saucepan stir together all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Lightly spray waffle iron with non-stick spray, add batter to waffle iron (about 3/4 cup per waffle). Cook to medium crispness, or to your preference. Keep waffles warm until ready to serve.
- While waffles are cooking, prepare eggs.
- Serve waffles topped with cooked egg, avocado slices and black pepper. Drizzle with sauce. Serve with extra sauce on the side.