2 cups gluten free 1-to-1 all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder*
1 large egg
1/2 cup SunButter Creamy
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup raspberry jam
*The chlorophyll in sunflower seeds may react with the baking soda in this recipe and cause the bars to turn green. This is completely harmless and does not effect taste.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8×8-inch pan; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir in egg, SunButter, coconut oil, and vanilla until mixture comes together.
- Press about 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with jam.
- Take remaining dough and crumble it over the jam, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake an additional 18 minutes, or until top just begins to brown lightly and is firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before cutting 4 by 4 to make 16 bars.