1 cup SunButter®, any variety
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened (it’s solid at room temp)
1/4 to 1/2 cup honey or any liquid sweetener to taste
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
1 to 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips* (check package for allergen information)
*These chocolate chips are not sugar free. I like to melt them along with some unsweetened bars to make the chocolate extra dark and reduce the sugar content even further.
- Line two regular (or three mini) muffin tins with paper or foil liners, set aside.
- Blend all ingredients except chocolate chips in a mixer until smooth.
- In microwave safe dish, heat chocolate chips on Medium for one minute, remove and stir. Continue heating in 20 second intervals until chips are mostly melted. Once chips are mostly melted keep stirring until chocolate is smooth.
- Pour about one tablespoon of melted chocolate into prepared regular muffin tin, and immediately brush the chocolate up the sides. For mini muffin tins use about 1-1/2 teaspoons melted chocolate. The chocolate will harden almost instantly as you brush it up the sides.
- Fill cups with the SunButter filling and drizzle or pour remaining melted chocolate over top of each cup. Place in the freezer until firm.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator or freezer.
Use a zester to put some pretty chocolate curls on top, or a few extra chocolate chips for decoration.
Make CUP recipe into PALEO SUNBUTTER BARS by pouring SunButter filling into a lightly oiled (use coconut oil) 8×8-inch pan and spreading the melted chocolate over the top.