1 1/2 cups dates 30 deglet noor
1 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
5 tablespoons cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-4 tablespoons water as needed
1 1/4 cup dates about 25 deglect noor
1/4 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon ghee or coconut oil for vegan
1 tablespoon water if needed
1 13.5 oz can coconut cream
3/4 cup No Sugar Added SunButter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
2 tablespoons No Sugar Added SunButter
IMPORTANT: Check to ensure all individual ingredients are produced in a peanut and tree nut-free facility.
- Line a deep dish pie plate with parchment paper. This is necessary as the crust can be sticky. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high powdered blender, combine the dates, sunflower seeds, cacao powder and salt. Blend until combined. Mixture will be powdery. Add 2 tablespoons of water and blend again. Add 1-2 more tablespoons of water if needed.
- You want the mixture to be blended together, but also hold together and not be too sticky. Press this mixture evenly into the pie plate going up the edges as well. Place in the freezer. (I washed the food processor after this step, but it’s up to you if you want to.)
- (If needed, you can soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes before making this layer.
- Use filtered water heated up and then drain it when finished) Add the dates, SunButter, vanilla and ghee to the food processor. Blend until smooth, scrapping down the edges as needed. Add a tablespoon of water if needed. Remove the pie crust from the freezer and spread the caramel over the crust, covering the bottom evenly. Place back in the freezer. (Again, I washed the food processor here, but you don’t have to)
- Combine the coconut cream, SunButter and maple syrup in the food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape down edges as needed. Remove the pie from the freezer and pour this mixture on top, spreading evenly. Place back in the freezer to set.
- For the drizzle- combine the chocolate chips and SunButter together in a microwave safe bowl. Melt until smooth- 30 to 60 seconds. Drizzle over top and place back in the freezer.
- Store in the freezer for a firmer pie or fridge for a softer pie. If frozen, let thaw 10-15 minutes before serving .