1 cup tahini (sesame seed butter)
1/2 cup Swerve or 1 teaspoon stevia (for Paleo: use 1/2 cup coconut sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten free)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2/3 cup SunButter, any smooth variety
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
3 ounces dairy free dark chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
1 tablespoon organic chia seeds
- Mix tahini, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll into 1 inch balls, place evenly on parchment covered cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store any uneaten energy balls in the freezer to enjoy later.
NOTE: This recipe is low carb, paleo, dairy free, gluten free and vegan!