- 1-1/4 cups SunButter, any smooth variety
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup milk or dairy free milk of your choice
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips or dairy free chocolate chips, divided use
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk (canned)
IMPORTANT: Check to ensure all individual ingredients are produced in a peanut and tree nut free facility.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper cupcake liners in a 12 cup standard muffin tin.
- In a mixer, beat together the SunButter, brown sugar, milk, egg yolks, vanilla, baking soda, salt and lemon juice.
- With clean beaters, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Stir a large spoonful of egg whites into the SunButter mixture. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites until the mixture is no longer streaky. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Place the remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl. Bring the cream to almost a boil in a small saucepan. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the cooled cupcakes.
Recipe By: Simply Gluten-Free