1 pint blueberries
1 pint raspberries
3 tablespoons maple syrup
Juice of 1 lemon
16 slices gluten free sandwich bread
1/2 cup SunButter® Creamy
4 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream, milk or dairy free milk of your choice
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 cups gluten free corn flakes
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine blueberries, half the raspberries, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to boil and let boil until the raspberries start to break down, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining raspberries.
- Spread Sunbutter on 8 slices of bread and top with the remaining slices, making 8 sandwiches.
- Combine eggs, cream, and vanilla in a pie plate. Put the corn flakes in a food storage bag and crush into fine crumbs. Pour the crushed cornflakes onto a plate.
- Soak the sandwiches lightly in the egg mixture then dip into the cornflakes, pressing so that cornflake crumbs adhere to the sandwiches. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and let it melt. Cook half of the sandwiches until browned on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove sandwiches from the skillet and place back on the baking sheet. Melt another tablespoon of butter and cook the sandwiches on the other side until browned, about 2 minutes. Place on another baking sheet or plate and keep warm in the oven. Wipe out the skillet and repeat with the remaining sandwiches.
- Serve the sandwiches topped with the maple berry syrup.