1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
3/4 cup coconut milk
3 teaspoons fish sauce (divided)
2 limes (divided)
1/2 cup panko style gluten-free bread crumbs
1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
1/2 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup SunButter® Creamy
3 tablespoons honey
1 to 4 teaspoons Sambal Oelek (or other chili paste), depending on the heat level you like – 3 teaspoons is perfect for us
1 small garlic clove, finely grated on a microplane grater or pressed through a garlic press
1 one-inch piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Brush a metal, non-stick baking sheet with olive oil. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2 inch wide strips for serving as an entrée or 1/2- inch strips for appetizer sized portions.
- Combine the coconut milk, 1 teaspoon fish sauce and the juice of 1 lime in a shallow baking dish. Add the chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In another baking dish or on a large plate, combine the bread crumbs, coconut, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the sauce. In a small mixing bowl, combine the Sunbutter, remaining 2 teaspoons of fish sauce, juice of the remaining lime, honey, chili paste, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Mix well. If necessary, thin out by adding a little water, a few drops at a time. Pour into a small serving dish and set aside.
- Roll the marinated chicken in the coconut mixture, coating well. Lay on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the chicken. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until browned and the chicken is done (it should feel firm to the touch and have no pink inside but still be juicy). Let cool slightly and serve with the sauce.