1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup SunButter® Crunch
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder*
3/4 teaspoon baking soda*
1/2 teaspoon salt
*NOTE: We’ve reduced the baking soda and baking powder for this recipe by 50% because the chlorophyll in sunflower seeds may react with the baking soda and cause these cookies to turn green. This is completely harmless and does not effect taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream butter, SunButter and sugars together until smooth and fluffy; beat in eggs; set aside.
- In medium bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed SunButter mixture. Place dough in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls and put on parchment lined baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
- When cookies are completely cooled, store in airtight container at room temperature.