- 2 cups (265g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (110g) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (63g) sour cream
- 1/2 cup Chocolate SunButter
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a cupcake tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin and sugars followed by the oil, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fill each liner half full with the muffin batter. Shake the pan to help level out the batter. Spoon a teaspoon of Chocolate SunButter in the center of each muffin.
- Fill the liners with the remaining muffin batter, filling each all the way to the top.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of Chocolate SunButter in the center of each muffin. Use a toothpick to swirl in the chocolate. Don’t be afraid to really dig into the batter to get a swirl of both chocolate and batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy warm or at room temp.
- For serving, split muffin in half and spread some more Chocolate SunButter on the inside for an extra kick of chocolate. Enjoy!