1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup SunButter® (we used Organic)
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 cup molasses
3 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
- In large mixing bowl combine butter, SunButter, brown sugar, corn syrup and molasses. Add egg and beat until smooth.
- Add flour, cocoa and spices and beat until all ingredients are combined.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees° F.
- On a lightly floured surface with flour-coated rolling pin, roll out dough to about 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly before placing on wire rack or sheet of waxed paper to cool completely.
- Decorate, serve and enjoy!