Chai Spice mix
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/3 cup(105g) maple syrup
- 1/3 cup(80g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup(180g) almond milk
- 1/2 cup(125g) Chocolate SunButter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup(140g) cassava flour
- 3 tbsp(23g) coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chai spice mix (above)
Frosting: homemade or store-bought vanilla frosting + 2 tsps chai spice mx
- Mix together the chai spices. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond milk, Chocolate SunButter, and vanilla. Microwave 30 seconds to melt the SunButter slightly, then whisk until smooth.
- Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Scoop into a cupcake pan lined with paper liners, filling each 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 22-25 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Stir spices into your prepared frosting, pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes, swirl the frosting with more Chocolate SunButter.
- Enjoy! Leftovers can keep in the fridge for 1-2 days frosted, but unfrosted cupcakes can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days if well sealed.