- 1/2 cup (125g) Creamy SunButter
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (240g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (60g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup (90g) coconut flour
- 3/4 cup (90g) arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup (100g) shredded carrots*
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped walnuts
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8oz vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (56g) vegan butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups (480g) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (15g) arrowroot starch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir together lemon juice and almond milk. Set aside 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together SunButter, coconut oil, almond milk + lemon juice, maple syrup, coconut sugar, and vanilla (make sure all ingredients are at room temperature so the coconut oil doesn’t seize up).
- Add flours, baking soda, salt, and spices. Whisk to combine.
- Fold in shredded carrots and chopped walnuts.
- Divide between two 8″ cake pans (lined with parchment for easy removal or greased).
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool 15 minute in the pans, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, use a stand or hand mixer to whip the butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, arrowroot, and 1 cup powdered sugar. Add the rest of the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing in between until thick and fluffy. Chill until ready to frost.
- Once the cakes are cool, use a bread knife to slice off the domed tops of each cake.
- Layer with cream cheese frosting in the middle and more on top. Sprinkle more chopped walnuts to garnish.
- Slice and eat!