8 dark chocolate Sun Cups®
1 cup SunButter®, any smooth variety (we used No Sugar Added)
1 cup sugar (no substitutions)
1-1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Chill Sun Cups in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm them up. Then place in a plastic ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin to break them up into chunks. Set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix SunButter, sugar, cornstarch and egg together in a medium bowl. The mixture will be thin at first; stir for about 30 seconds until it thickens up. Gently fold in Sun Cups pieces.
- Roll tablespoon-sized spoonfuls of batter into balls. Place several inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. They should not spread too much while baking. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern into them.
- Bake cookies until they puff up slightly, about 10 minutes. They may not turn noticeably golden brown, but they are done nevertheless. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- These cookies are great while still warm, and are best on the day they’re made. If desired, top cookies before baking with a sprinkle of sea salt!