April 7, 2017
Chocolate Ganache Tart with SunButter Mousse
This Chocolate Ganache Tart with SunButter Mousse is a dessert lover’s dream. Crisp chocolate cookie crust, rich chocolate ganache filling and a decadent SunButter mousse topping make up three layers of sweet bliss. (This recipe is free from dairy, egg, peanut & tree-nut with a gluten-free option.)
You are going to love this tart! Everything about it is incredible. Easy, no bake chocolate cookie crust, ganache and creamy SunButter filling….what’s not to love about this treat?! It’s kind of like eating a pie-sized candy bar.
I recently made this over the weekend when I needed something quick and easy to serve some dinner guests. I loved that no baking was required! I also needed something that was allergy-friendly, so of course this was perfect for that too. Needless to say, it was a huge hit and every bite was devoured.
This chocolate ganache tart with SunButter mousse would be a perfect dessert to make for any special occasion and in fact, this will be served at our Easter dinner. It only makes sense to have chocolate as it’s sort of required during this holiday. The addition of SunButter just makes it all the better.
For the base, I use Oreos because they are free from dairy & eggs. However, if you need to make it gluten-free, there are a few options like K-Toos, Glutino & Mi-Del. Some of these have a “may contain egg” warning on the back, so be sure to read labels if you have multiple allergens. Another easy option would be to use your favorite allergy-friendly chocolate cookie or graham cracker in its place.
The ganache layer requires only a few ingredients: chocolate chips, coconut milk and coconut oil. You really don’t want to skip this step. Once refrigerated, the ganache hardens into a thin candy bar-like layer and “Oh My Yum”, it pairs perfectly with the crunchy cookie and smooth SunButter mousse.
Then there is the SunButter mousse. It too only requires a handful of ingredients: creamy SunButter, powdered sugar, coconut milk, a drizzle of maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
Oh, and don’t forget the toppings! Garnish with drizzles of melted chocolate, chopped SunButter cups or mini chocolate chips, optional of course, but they raise the cuteness factor.
Once ready to devour, serve immediately as these soften quickly. But don’t worry, they get consumed even quicker.
Want to keep the Chocolate Ganache Tart for the adults? Check out my allergy-friendly recipe for SunButter Mousse Cups (No Bake, Kid-Approved) for the kids!
Chocolate Ganache Tart with SunButter Mousse Ingredients:
30 chocolate sandwich cookies
4 tablespoons dairy-free butter, melted
1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1/4 cup canned coconut milk, shaken well
2 tablespoons coconut oil
SunButter Mousse Layer:
1 So Delicious culinary coconut cream, refrigerated
1/2 cup SunButter Natural
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
grated chocolate shavings
miniture chocolate chips
1. Refrigerate culinary milk overnight.
2. To make your chocolate tart, pulse chocolate sandwich cookies in a food processor or blender until fine. Add melted butter and pulse a few more times to mix together. Scrape down sides if needed.
3. Press cookie crumbles into bottom of cheesecake pan and create a small edge up the sides. Set aside.
4. To make your ganache, melt chocolate, coconut milk and coconut oil in a double boiler. Be sure to keep stirring so it does not burn. Once melted, remove from heat and pour over cookie base layer. Spread evenly to the edges then refrigerate while making your mousse.
5. To make your SunButter mousse, scrape refrigerated coconut cream into stand mixer. Add in SunButter, syrup and sea salt then beat on med-high until creamy. Add confectioners sugar a little at a time to thicken. Refrigerate until ganache has hardened.
6. Evenly spread SunButter mousse on top of solid ganache layer. Refrigerate until ready to use.
7. Garnish with chopped SunCups, chocolate shavings or mini chocolate chips.
Nicole Dawson is a food allergy mom, Certified Health Coach, and author to the blog Allergylicious. Check out her blog for top 8 allergen friendly recipes, along with tips and tricks for those living with food allergies!