- 1 large egg
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup SunButter® (we used No Stir Creamy)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (use Enjoy Life® Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips to make cookies dairy free)
IMPORTANT: Check to ensure all individual ingredients are produced in a peanut and tree nut free facility.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk egg. Add brown sugar and vanilla and whisk until combined. Add cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add SunButter and with a strong spoon, stir very well until complete combined.Dough will be thick, stiff and almost crumbly in texture. Stir in chocolate chips and distribute even through dough.
- Using your hands, roll dough into golfball-sized balls. The dough is pretty crumbly, but the warmth from your hands will help the dough stick together.
- The cookies do not spread much during baking, so after placing 5 to 6 dough balls on each prepared baking sheet, carefully press down on each dough ball to slightly flatten.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until edges of cookies are set. Cookies should look slightly under baked. Allow to cool on pan for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or place in freezer bag and place in freezer for up to 3 months.