1/2 cup SunButter<sup>®</sup> Creamy (or any smooth variety)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
1-1/2 cups melting chocolate (check allergen information)
puffed rice cereal (for ears)
red string or peel apart licorice, cut into 2 to 3-inch pieces (for tail)
black decorator gel (for eyes and nose)
- In medium bowl, combine SunButter and butter, beat at medium speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar; continue beating until dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Pinch 1 end to form nose. Place onto waxed or parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour to firm up.
- In pan or microwave safe bowl (deep and wide enough for easy mouse dipping), melt chocolate according to package directions.
- Slide small fork underneath one mouse and lower into melted chocolate, completely covering entire mouse. Allow excess to drip off by tapping fork against side of pan. Place chocolate covered mouse back onto lined cookie sheet. Immediately insert 2 pieces of puffed rice cereal for ears and 1 piece of licorice for tail. Repeat with remaining mice. Let stand about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Use decorator gel to make eyes and nose. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Make a batch of white mice using white melting chocolate.