1 cup SunButter Creamy
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons unsweetened cacao
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons chocolate chips, dairy free
1/8 teaspoon gluten free baking soda*
*NOTE: We’ve reduced the baking soda to 1/8 teaspoon for this recipe because the chlorophyll in sunflower seeds may react with the baking soda and cause the bread to turn green. This is completely harmless and does not effect taste.
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Grease a 9×5-inch baking dish; set aside.
- In medium bowl, cream SunButter, vanilla and honey.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating between each addition.
- Once batter is creamy, add cacao, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. Mix until everything is incorporated. Batter will be thick!
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and cut into 12 slices. Best if eaten within 1 to 2 days.