Our Food Allergy Promise
We know peanut allergies are serious business. SunButter is made in the U.S. from locally-grown, specially-roasted, GMO free sunflower seeds, which are processed in our dedicated peanut free and tree nut free facility. Our sunflower seeds are grown in a region of the country where peanuts are not grown, eliminating the risk of cross contamination. SunButter is produced in one continuous process from field to table that ensures a fresh roasted flavor, improved product consistency and a finished product that is free from all of the top 8 food allergens. We know that living with a food allergy can be tricky, so we make SunButter simple: Safe and Delicious, Every Time—We Promise.
Free From The Top 8 Food Allergens
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only eight foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions in the U.S. These foods are:
- Tree Nuts
SunButter is free from all of the top 8 food allergens. SunButter is also free from the ten priority food allergens identified by Health Canada, CFIA, allergy associations and the Canadian medical community: Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Eggs, Milk, Mustard, Seafood, Sesame, Soy, Sulphites, and Wheat. All SunButter products are clearly labeled for common food allergens.
SunButter Packs A Nutritional Punch
SunButter is a delicious peanut butter alternative, plus it is nutritionally superior. SunButter has just as much protein as the leading brand of peanut butter, but with one-third less saturated fat, absolutely no trans fats, less sodium, and less sugar. One serving of SunButter provides more vitamin E, twice as much fiber and zinc, and nearly triple the iron than is provided by one serving of the leading peanut butter! Visit our Nutrition Information page for more information.
Helpful Food Allergy Resources From SunButter
- SunButter Managing a Peanut Allergy Tri-Fold Brochure
- SunButter Peanut Free, School Safe Recipe Book
- SunButter Peanut Free, School Safe Resources for Parents
- The SunButter Quarterly Enewsletter, SunButter Blog and Social Media sites also have great information about peanut allergies, food allergies as well as recipes, coupons, and special offers – find links at the top and bottom of this page
- “Made With SunButter Stickers” are available for purchase exclusively on Soap.com or Amazon.com. Or Print at Home (Print on Avery 22817 Laser/Ink Jet Round Labels – be sure to choose “Actual Size” when printing, not “Fit”)
Do You Have Specific Questions About SunButter?
Visit our FAQ Page for Answers to Common Questions About SunButter
SunButter Is a Proud Supporter of These Food Allergy Organizations
Click logo links below to find additional food allergy resources.
U.S. and International Organizations: